GrowthMindset is seeking a Database Developer for a direct hire position located in Kent, WA. This person will develop procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security and integration issues. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents complex databases. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of database engineering activities. Requires comprehensive knowledge of database technologies, along with solid coding and computer system skills.
· Work effectively with Leads and product owners to define & clarify requirements, assignment priorities, perform detailed analysis, and develop robust & maintainable solutions meeting business requirements
· Understand and apply the advance principles of entity relationship model design and good data typing practices
· Develop ad-hoc queries and reports on demand with short turnaround times as determined by business priorities.
· Develop queries, views, scalar and table-valued functions, and stored procedures as part of a core development team.
· Review the database designs, code, and test plans of other developers and provide recommendations for improvement or optimizations
· Deliver new features that help deliver data to other teams and external customers
· Deliver on time with high quality task completion within an Agile Development environment.
· Provide support to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues within applications.
· 5+ years of experience in developing OLTP databases in MS SQL Server utilizing stored procedures, functions, triggers, queries etc.
· 2+ years of experience developing reports in SSRS
· Knowledge of SQL Server 2008-2017
· Experience with Data Warehouse development is a plus
· Knowledge of SQL internals, monitoring, and performance tuning is a plus
· Strong technical and communication skills.
· Ability to think analytically, plan for future growth of systems/tools, troubleshoot and solve database issues.
· Experience working in small teams with a good mix of autonomy and accountability.
· Experience with Agile software development practices
Software Powered by iCIMS