GrowthMindset is seeking a Senior Labor Relations Consultant for a direct hire position located in Oakland, CA.
The Senior Labor Relations Consultant is responsible for implementing the Region's labor relations strategy and assisting the region and business units in meeting their business objectives and initiatives. In this role, the Sr. Labor Relations Consultant is responsible for negotiating local (Medical Center) and regional agreements as well as negotiating collective bargaining agreements either as the Chief Negotiator or Second Chair, provide advice and counsel to internal regional and local medical center clients regarding the administration of complex labor agreements and handle certain steps of the grievance process for multiple unions for purposes of handling and resolving grievances. The Sr. Labor Relations is responsible for operating within a dynamic operations environment and facilitate the creation of a desired outcome which allows for alignment by various operations entities to accomplish the strategic goals. Finally, the Sr. Labor Relations Consultant is expected to create structures to accomplish the various implementation of ongoing initiatives designed to address our changing care delivery models and with assisting the organization accomplish its goal of being the leader in affordability in the NCAL Marketplace and the California Exchange.
• Provides labor relations expertise and consultation to management throughout the Northern California Region on a wide range of complex and sensitive labor relations issues. Assumes key leadership role in major change initiatives impacting represented and unrepresented employees.
• Analyzes Business Unit needs; anticipates potential barriers due to union, contractual or legal constraints; acts quickly to generate alternative approaches or strategies; provides long-term and broad views regarding labor implications of business decisions; plans, creates and implements strategies to attain goals.
• Negotiates labor agreements to support organizational initiatives - to include wage and economic forecasting and trending, analysis and development of management proposals, economic recommendations for CEO's approval, and timely implementation of negotiated provisions.
• Serves as spokesperson and advocate for the Employer in the Regional Dispute Resolution Step of the Grievance Procedure, Mediations, Boards of Adjustment, and assists Legal Counsel in Arbitration. Assumes a leadership role in Joint Labor/Management endeavors. Educates unions on change initiatives and develops strategies to gain Union support.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with Union leadership; proactively obtains Union participation in implementation of business initiatives; ensures Union is kept abreast of organizational changes and initiatives.
• Ensures thorough case management to minimize liability and achieve fair and appropriate outcomes to disputes. Coordinates case resolution for those disputes which surface in multiple arenas (e.g., EEO, W/C, law suits, etc.).
• Minimum of five (5) years of of progressive labor relations experience in a multi-unionized and multi-location environment.
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, human resources or related field OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related
• Experience must demonstrate a successful track record in increasingly responsible roles.
• Demonstrated experience in leadership, conflict resolution skills, and journey level experience as a Chief Negotiator.
• Working knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws and the NLRA.
• Effective interpersonal skills with ability to influence decisions in a diverse environment.
• Proven ability to make sound judgments on complex HR and business issues.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Master's degree or Juris Doctorate.
Software Powered by iCIMS