Financial Planning and Reporting:
- Manage preparation and validation of management reports and presentation materials for monthly reporting, Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s) and similar
- Oversee quarterly reporting processes to support Amcor external reporting
- Oversee all accounting and reporting systems to ensure resources, tools and processes are in place to achieve delivery in full, on time and in specification (DIFOTIS) of financial reporting relative to monthly actual, routine forecast, budget and strategic planning
- Coordinate with VP Finance, CFO, ARP Lead Team, BU management and other stakeholders to meet their information needs and accomplish reporting objectives
- Develop and oversee planning and execution of the corporate requirements relating to the annual budget and strategic plan processes as well as monthly forecast
- Oversee and continuously improve the monthly closing, consolidation and reporting cycle
- Develop and deliver management financial and operational performance reporting
- Oversee the administration of the SAP-BPC Financial Consolidation system used for the company’s monthly reporting, operating plan and strategic plan.
Technical Accounting and Tax:
- Research, document and conclude on significant technical accounting issues (purchase accounting, divestures, leasing, taxes, etc.);
- Act as the Subject Matter Expert to educate accounting / finance personnel and business partners across the Company on developing technical accounting items
- Coordinate with parent company on technical accounting matters to obtain alignment on technical accounting conclusions as necessary
- Coordinate with corporate Tax Group on Completion of consolidated tax reporting requirements
- Drive outperformance planning, financial initiatives and best practice implementation across BU’s and functions
- Ensure all aspects of sound fiscal management of the operations, incorporating treasury and cash flow management and financial planning
- Identify and drive best practices, promoting the implementation of new requirements and process improvements
Internal Controls and Compliance:
- Oversee internal controls / SOX processes and compliance activities
- Ensure compliance with the corporate policies and procedures, US GAAP and applicable local statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate implementation of corporate policies.
- Coordinate external audit engagement review and related activities related to quarterly reporting periods and statutory close requirements
- Continuously refine and maintain finance & accounting policies
- Oversee external audit as well as numerous other statutory and joint ventures audits.
- Manage senior level relationships with external and internal auditors.
Team Leadership & Talent Development:
- Lead, manage and develop team of accounting and reporting professionals team members
- Attract, retain, engage, motivate and develop bench strength within the team to enable internal promotion and transfer as opportunities arise