GrowthMindset is seeking a Regional Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) Manager for a direct hire positin located in Cincinnati, OH.
You will work under the supervision of the VP of EHS to manage and develop Area EHS Manager(s) and provide ovide safety management expertise to others to help ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws / regulations and Company policies / procedures.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
· : Interview, hire, train, and manage each safety manager within assigned safety region. Observe Area EHS Managers conducting training classes, safety meetings, and field observations. Provide ongoing performance monitoring and mentoring including quarterly review of goals and job shadowing. Assist with resolving issues that he/she may encounter.
· : Compile regional safety data and provide management reports regarding the work activities accomplished by the safety region. Prepare reports for corporate and field management as requested.
· : Conduct safety inspections and field observations within assigned safety region. Assist with routine updates to Company safety training programs, policies, and procedures.
· : Take direction from and coordinate with the Corporate Transportation Safety Manager to provide leadership, guidance, and program consultation to branch management in the interpretation and application of transportation safety programs, policies, and procedures. Assist with maintaining driver qualification files and records including driver logs and vehicle inspection logs.
· : Assist with the administration of local, state and federal laws and regulations. Respond to initial inquiries from regulatory agencies as instructed by the Director of Safety. Conduct site specific investigation as directed by General Counsel. Assist Area EHS Safety Managers with regulatory compliance in their assigned locations.
· : Routinely participate with branch management, in customer safety initiatives and meetings. Provide customer safety training as approved by the VP of EHS and Corporate Training Department.
· : Work with Area EHS Managers and/or Branch Managers to locate and evaluate medical providers. Work with medical providers and the Company’s Risk Management Department to help ensure the procedural requirements of the Company’s return to work program are followed.
· : Respond to incidents within the assigned safety region. Investigate incidents involving company property, employees, temporary employees, or third party property which occur in the assigned region. Analyze incident/accident data to identify specific trends and hazardous conditions that require an in-depth analysis and development and/or implementation of policy revision.
· : Evaluate employee incidents within the assigned safety region to determine if the injury/illness meets OSHA’s recordkeeping criteria. Provide information regarding lost or restricted work days for each OSHA recordable injury/illness in the respective safety region.
· Ability to manage personnel with strong leadership abilities to motivate and coach personnel to accomplish regional, department and company-wide strategic goals.
· Above average knowledge of and experience with the OSHA, DOT, MSHA, EPA, and NFPA regulatory requirements.
· Experience in California OSHA regulations required.
· Knowledgeable in OSHA’s recordkeeping requirements.
· Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively manage, train, motivate, and communicate with employees, supervisors and customers.
· Above average computer skills with the ability to proficiently use the Microsoft Office.· Valid driver’s license and good driving history.
· Satisfactory background check.
· Ability to travel 25% - 70% of the time.
· Minimum of 5 years safety management in the construction industry.
· Advance knowledge and understanding of current construction and general industry safety regulations and the ability to analyze and interpret this data for the safety of employees, job sites, and the branches on a regional level.
Software Powered by iCIMS